Meditterranean chicken and rice
Escape to the Mediterranean with this one pot wonder using Moy Park Chicken Thighs.
- 6 Moy Park Chicken Thighs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic , chopped
- 1 onion , diced
- 1 red bell pepper deseeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomato strips in oil , chopped
- 400g tin crushed tomatoes in liquid
- 1 1/3 cup uncooked long grain rice , rinsed
- 1 3/4 cups chicken stock
- 1-2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves , chopped (to serve)
- Preheat fan oven to 200°c | 400°F
- Heat the oil in a deep ovenproof dish/pan.
- Add the chicken, skin side down and sear for 3-4 mins on medium-high heat.
- Once thighs have been turned and seared golden all over move the chicken to a warm plate.
- Fry the garlic for about 30 seconds before adding the onion and red peppers, continue to fry for approx 3 mins.
- Stir in the sun dried tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, rice and chicken stock.
- Season with salt, pepper and dried basil (plus the chili flakes for those who like a kick).
- Place the chicken thighs over rice, gentle turning to coat in sauce as it heats.
- Once the pot is boiling cover with foil and place in the preheated oven and to bake for approx 40 mins. Check that the rice has softened and the chicken is
- (Add a further half cup of chicken stock if rice is still uncooked and leave for another few minutes)
- Remove cover; change the oven settings to grill on a medium heat for 5-10 mins to crisp up the chicken.
- Serve with freshly chopped basil.