- 250ml white wine
- Apricot jam
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 whole Moy Park chicken
- 30g butter
- Salt and black pepper
- Place the wine in a small saucepan over a high heat. Bring to a boil, then cook for 4-5 minutes or until reduced by half.
- Stir in the apricot jam and mustard. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour half of the mixture into a small jug and set aside for serving, keeping the remainder for basting.
- Remove the chicken from the fridge 45 minutes before cooking. Preheat the oven to 190˚C/170˚C fan/gas mark 5.
- Place the chicken in a roasting tin. Gently separate the skin from the breast and push the butter under the skin, being careful not to tear.
- Brush the chicken thickly with the glaze and season all over with salt and pepper.
- Roast the chicken for 45 minutes per kilogram of weight, plus an additional 20 minutes, basting with the remaining glaze 3-4 times during cooking.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate, tent loosely with foil and allow to rest for 15-20 minutes. Carve and serve with the reserved glaze as a sauce.