Our delicious, grade A whole chicken, glazed with a sweet-savoury combination of apricot jam and mustard and roasted until tender and juicy. Perfect for a Sunday Roast!
250ml white wine
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 whole Moy Park chicken
Salt and black pepper
1. Place the wine in a small saucepan over a high heat. Bring to a boil, then cook for 4-5 minutes or until reduced by half.
2. Stir in the apricot jam and mustard. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
3. Pour half of the mixture into a small jug and set aside for serving, keeping the remainder for basting.
4. Remove the chicken from the fridge 45 minutes before cooking. Preheat the oven to 190˚C/170˚C fan/gas mark 5.
5. Place the chicken in a roasting tin. Gently separate the skin from the breast and push the butter under the skin, being careful not to tear.
6. Brush the chicken thickly with the glaze and season all over with salt and pepper.
7. Roast the chicken for 45 minutes per kilogram of weight, plus an additional 20 minutes, basting with the remaining glaze 3-4 times during cooking.
8. Transfer the chicken to a plate, tent loosely with foil and allow to rest for 15-20 minutes. Carve and serve with the reserved glaze as a sauce.
Your local Northern Ireland Moy Park stockist: