Cook up a culinary delight with ease thanks to professional chef, Dean Coppard. Grab your Hot & Spicy Mini Fillets and follow the steps to create Bao Bun with Kimchi, Chilli Plum Jam, Soy and Sesame dipping sauce. Then take a bao!
1 pack of Moy Park Hot & Spicy Mini Fillets
5 Bao Buns
100g Pre-made Kimchi
For the Chilli Plum Jam
100ml Sweet Chilli Sauce
100ml100ml Plum Sauce
2 teaspoon Star Anise
For the Soy Dipping Sauce
100ml Light Soy Sauce
1 teaspoon Sesame Seeds
2 Trimmed Scallions
1. Cook the Hot & Spicy Mini Fillets according to package instructions.
2. To make the Chilli Jam: In a mixing bowl combine the Sweet Chilli Sauce, Plum Sauce and Star Anise. Allow to infuse.
3. To make the Soy Dipping Sauce: Mix the Soy Sauce & Sesame Oil together. Once combined sprinkle the sesame seeds on top, cut the scallions finely at a long diagonal angle and place into iced water- this will make the scallions curl. Add the scallions to the dipping sauce.
4. Steam the Bao Buns until light, puffy and soft.
5. Open each Bao Bun and spoon some of the Chilli Plum Jam inside, add a spoonful of Kimchi then top with sliced Chicken Mini Fillet pieces and fold bun back to original shape.
6. Serve with Soy Dipping Sauce and Coriander garnish.
For Home-made Kimchi
1. Chinese Cabbage
6 Whole trimmed Scallions
40g Chilli Flakes
1 teaspoon Grated ginger
1 teaspoonSoy Sauce
2 teaspoon Sesame Oil
1 teaspoon Fish Sauce
2 teaspoon Brown Sugar
2 teaspoon Lime Juice
2 Peeled carrots
1 Pinch of salt
1.Cut the cabbage in half length-ways and then half again to create 4 x quarters. Rinse the cabbage under water cleaning all the way down into the core of the cabbage. Take the sea salt and rub into the leaves ensuring to get in between each layer. Sit the salted cabbage into a large bowl of cold water for an hour. Take the cabbage out of the water and cut the bottom core off allowing the layers to separate, wash thoroughly to ensure the cabbage is salt free.
2.Shave the carrots using a vegetable peeler creating strips, cut the scallions at and oblique angle, add the cabbage and scallions in a large mixing.
3.In a smaller bowl combine the ginger, chilli flakes, soy, fish sauce, sesame oil, sugar, lime juice and pinch of salt to create a paste. Pour over the vegetables and mix together. Place into a clean jar and seal for 12hrs- during this time tip the jar and shake gently to allow the liquid to move through the kimchi.
After 12 hours open the jar and release the gases, the fermentation process will soften the vegetables the longer it remains sealed.