Moy Park Hot & Spicy Chicken Mini Fillets and crispy homemade onion rings piled over a vibrant salad of avocado, tomato, spring onions and crumbled Feta, with a creamy buttermilk dressing.
1 hour Prep Time 25 mins Cook Time 4 People Servings
For the onion rings:
2 large onions, thinly sliced into rings
250g plain flour
1 tbsp salt
½ tsp cayenne pepper
Vegetable oil, for frying
For the buttermilk dressing:
90g Greek yoghurt
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
Salt and black pepper
For the salad:
1 butterhead lettuce, chopped
200g cherry tomatoes, halved
6 spring onions, chopped
2 ripe avocados, chopped
2 x 300g packs of Moy Park Hot & Spicy Chicken Mini Fillets
Handful of fresh coriander, chopped
80g Feta, crumbled
1. Place the sliced onions in a bowl and cover with the buttermilk. Allow to soak for at least one hour.
2. For the dressing, whisk together the Greek yoghurt, lemon juice, mustard and garlic. Slowly pour in the buttermilk, whisking constantly. Stir in the fresh parsley and season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Assemble the salad ingredients in large serving bowls, layering the lettuce in the bottom and topping with the cherry tomatoes, spring onions and avocado.
4. Preheat the oven and cook the Moy Park Hot & Spicy Mini Fillets according to package instructions.
5 . To cook the onion rings, combine the flour, salt and cayenne pepper in a shallow bowl. In a deep-fat fryer or large deep saucepan, heat 5cm of vegetable oil to 190˚C.
6 . Use your hands or a pair of tongs to transfer about a quarter of the onions into the flour mixture. Turn to coat, shake off any excess and plunge the onions into the hot oil. Cook for 2-3 minutes until golden brown, then remove with a slotted spoon. Drain on a plate lined with kitchen paper and keep warm while you cook the remaining onion rings in batches.
7. Top each salad bowl with some Mini Fillets and onion rings, drizzle with the dressing, then finish with fresh coriander and crumbled Feta.