Roast chicken with lemon and garlic
Sunday? Sorted. These delicious ingredients create a healthy zing, zest and all the rest!
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 lemon
- 1 bulb of garlic (cut in half)
- Knob of butter
- Salt and cracked black pepper for seasoning
- Selection of fresh herbs
- Preheat oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas mark 5.
- Score each chicken leg and thigh twice with a sharp knife – this will help the flavour to penetrate.
- Slice the lemon in half and rub over the entire chicken.
- Cut the garlic bulb in half and rub over the whole chicken.
- Soften the butter to room temperature and cover the chicken with it – this will give the chicken a crispy golden skin when cooked.
- Sprinkle with salt and cracked black pepper.
- Insert the fresh herbs into the cavity of chicken - this will enhance the flavour of the meat and the juices will create a delicious gravy.
- Cook in the preheated oven for approx. 1 hour 30 minutes, or until juices run clear.
Top Tip: To complete the dish, serve with all the trimmings!