Easy pineapple teriyaki chicken
A simple, flavourful meal that will have the whole family
coming back for seconds
- 4 Moy Park Chicken Breast Fillets, sliced
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp water
- 40g brown sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 120ml soy sauce
- 60ml white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 150g tinned pineapple chunks, drained
- Spring onions, sliced
- Sesame seeds
- In a cup, stir together the cornflour and water.
the mixture into a saucepan and add the brown sugar, honey, soy sauce, vinegar,
garlic, ginger and black pepper. Place over a medium-high heat and bring to a
- Allow to boil for one minute, then reduce the heat and simmer for 5-6
minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat and set aside for 10-15
minutes, allowing the sauce to cool and thicken.
- Heat the oil in a wok over a high heat. Working in batches
so as not to overcrowd the pan, fry the chicken until browned, transferring to
a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- When all of the chicken has been browned, return it all to
the wok and add the sauce and pineapple.
- Cook for another 3-4 minutes until the
chicken is completely cooked throughout and the sauce is thick and sticky.
- Divide the chicken and pineapple between four serving
plates, each with a portion of rice.
- Pour over the excess sauce from the pan
and sprinkle sliced spring onions and sesame seeds over the top.