Brighten up a dark winter evening with a colourful family favourite.
20 mins Prep Time 50 mins Cook Time 6 People Servings
1. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a pan, then brown the chicken on all sides. Remove the chicken to a plate.
2. Mix the chopped onion, tomatoes, ginger and garlic into a rough paste. Fry the sliced onion in the remaining oil until softened, then add the spices and fry for 1 more minute, until fragrant. Add the paste and fry for another few minutes to soften.
3. Return the chicken to the dish with the squash, stock, sugar and vinegar. Bring to a simmer, then cook for 30 mins until the chicken is cooked through.
4. Lift the chicken out and continue simmering the sauce to thicken while you shred the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Stir the chicken back into the sauce and season.
5. Serve with couscous and yoghurt. Scatter the mint, pomegranate seeds and feta to garnish.