- 3 skinless chicken breasts (cut into chunks)
- 4 tbsp of curry powder
- 4 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 lemon (juice only)
- 1 small piece of root ginger (grated)
- 1 tbsp of light olive oil
- 3 onions (thinly sliced)
- 2 red peppers (cut into chunks)
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tin of plum tomatoes
- 200ml of chicken stock
- Small bunch of coriander (roughly chopped)
- Combine the curry powder, garlic, ginger and lemon juice. Add in the chicken and marinate for approx. 2 hours in the fridge.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan. Add the onions and peppers, and cook for approx. 5 minutes. Then add the marinated chicken and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree to the chicken, stir through and cook for a few minutes. Add the stock, bring to the boil, then cook for a further 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the plum tomatoes, stir through and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Taste and season.
- Garnish with chopped coriander.